A Message of Life
Six Foundational Principles of Christianity
1. There is a God who created us, loves us and has a purpose for each of us.
Genesis 1:26a: “Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness …'” (New International Version)
Ephesians 2:10: “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (New International Version)
2. God has given us His principles for living to enable each of us to achieve our created purpose.
Jeremiah 29:11: “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'” (New International Version)
2 Timothy 3:16: “Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another — showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God’s way.” (The Message)
3. With our God-given freedom of choice, each of us has chosen to break God’s rules and become spiritually separated from Him.
Isaiah 59:2: “But the trouble is that your sins have cut you off from God. Because of sin he has turned his face away from you and will not listen anymore.” (Living Bible)
Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (New International Version)
4. God wants to save us from the eternal consequences we are facing for having broken His law.
Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (New International Version)
John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (New International Version)
5. Jesus Christ lived a perfect life, willingly died as a substitute for us, was raised from the dead and is alive.
Hebrews 4:15b: “… but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are — yet was without sin.” (New International Version)
Romans 5:8: “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (New International Version)
Romans 6:9: “For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.” (New International Version)
6. We reestablish a relationship with God by asking His forgiveness for our self-willed behavior, by asking Jesus Christ to give us a spiritual birth in our inner person, and by committing to live by God’s principles.
Romans 10:9 “… if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (New International Version)
Acts 2:38 “… Change your life. Turn to God and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins are forgiven. Receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (The Message)
You can pray this prayer if you want to respond to this message: “God, I ask your forgiveness for having broken your law by my self-willed behavior. Jesus, I invite you to give me a spiritual birth, and I commit my life to following you.”
Comments or Questions? Please email us at ?